Dr Ngaire Phillips has more than 30 years experience as an aquatic ecologist, with expertise in both freshwater and marine ecosystems. Dr Mike Stewart has specialist expertise in chemical ecology and also has broad ecological knowledge that he has applied to effects assessments projects. Many of our ecological projects also incorporate investigations on water sediment quality, contaminants and ecotoxicity, reflecting the holistic nature of ecological investigations.
- Freshwater Commissioner, Ministry for the Environment (2020 – ongoing).
- Technical review of the Napier marine wastewater outfall seepage resource consent, Napier City Council (2020).
- Provision of support to s42a officer on potential ecological effects of expansion of Martha Mine, Waihi, Waikato Regional Council (2019).
- Independent Commissioner, Special Tribunal for the Ngaruroro and Clive Rivers, Hawkes Bay (2017-2019).
- Provision of support to s42a officer on potential ecological effects of accidental and overflow discharges of untreated sewerage to the Waimea Estuary, Nelson, Nelson City Council (2017 – 2018).
- Healthy Rivers Plan Change 1, Expert Witness on Shallow lakes, Hamilton, Department of Conservation (2019).
- SEV applicability to Waikato Regional Council Freshwater Ecosystem Services project, Waikato Regional Council (2018 - 2021)
- Novel method for quantifying lamprey migratory pheromone in NZ streams, MBIE (2006-current)
- Kinleith Mill reconsenting, Tokoroa, Oji Fibre Solutions (2019-2021).