Water quality science is a core service area for Streamlined Environmental. Dr Mike Stewart and Dr Ngaire Phillips are both experienced water quality scientists. We have worked on a diverse range of research and consultancy projects which utilise our in-depth knowledge of water quality issues in urban and rural settings, in freshwater, coastal and estuarine environments throughout New Zealand, as well as in Australia.
We have practical experience through design and implementation of field-based water quality monitoring programmes and subsequent analysis and reporting, often as part of programmes of work to support applications for resource consents.
- Reconsenting of wastewater discharge consents for Ravensdown Napier plants, Ravensdown Fertiliser, Napier (2020-current).
- Assessment of ecological and human health effects from the discharge of MBR treated wastewater on the receiving environment associated with the Kingseat development, Karaka Lakeview Ltd (2020-current).
- Kinleith Mill reconsenting, Tokoroa Oji Fibre Solutions (2019-2021).
- Development of passive sampling devices for analysis of bioavailable contaminants of current and emerging concern in the Waitemata Harbour, Auckland Council (2014-16).
Technical reviews and advice
We regularly undertake technical reviews and provide technical advice to Regional Councils, Territorial and Unitary Authorities and other clients. Such reviews generally involve critically reviewing the science presented in support of a resource consent application, identifying gaps and recommending additional science needs.
- Technical review of the Napier marine wastewater outfall seepage resource consent, Napier City Council (2020).
- Provision of support to s42a officer on potential ecological effects of expansion of Martha Mine, Waihi, Waikato Regional Council (2019).
- Water quality assessment at Marsden Point oil refinery to inform resource consent renewal applications, Refining NZ (2019-2020).
- Provision of support to s42a officer on potential ecological effects of accidental and overflow discharges of untreated sewerage to the Waimea Estuary, Nelson, Nelson City Council (2017 – 2018).
- Assessment of adverse effects from oil and grease discharges from Meridian Power Stations to the receiving environment and development of a water quality sampling design for Meridian Power Stations, Meridian (2020).
- Literature review of the risks and adverse effects from waterborne contaminants in Otago