RMA Policy and Plan Support
Much of our work is conducted within the RMA space. We have worked with councils and authorities throughout New Zealand. We regularly undertake technical reviews of resource consent applications for Waikato Regional Council and have also provided this service to a range of other councils (including unitary and territorial authorities) throughout New Zealand, including Tasman District Council, Nelson City Council, Hawkes Bay Regional Council, Auckland Council, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Horizons Regional Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, Environment Canterbury Regional Council, Otago Regional Council, Environment Southland, Gisborne District Council and Far North District Council. Streamlined Environmental consultants understand the policy context and are able to readily mesh contemporary scientific knowledge within relevant policy directives.
We provide technical support by, for example, reviewing the adequacy of scientific information provided in support of consent applications, identifying information gaps and recommending further information needs that contribute to s92 requests, undertaking expert conferencing when required, contributing to section 42a reports, preparing and presenting evidence on behalf of regional councils in support of s42a officers, and reviewing resource consent conditions.
- Technical review of the Napier marine wastewater outfall seepage resource consent, Napier City Council (2020).
- Accidental and overflow discharges of untreated sewerage to the Waimea Estuary, Nelson, Nelson City Council (2017 – 2018).
- Resource consent application for wastewater overflows, Expert Witness, Gisborne District Council (2021).
- Healthy Rivers Plan Change 1, Expert Witness on Shallow lakes, Hamilton, Department of Conservation (2019).
- Proposed extension to consents for geothermal discharges to the Tarawera River, Bay of Plenty Regional Council (2020-2021).
- Technical review of Toataoroa Quarry – Ecotoxicity of Residual Flocculant, Waikato Regional Council (2019).
- Technical review of Glencoal’s Maramarua Mine Proposed Water Quality Monitoring Programme Changes, Waikato Regional Council (2021).
- Freshwater Commissioner, Ministry for the Environment (2020 – ongoing).